Workflow not triggering for the business object BUS2009 event RELEASESTEPCREATED

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:22:19 EST 2012

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with the standard business object event
RELEASESTEPCREATED from the business object BUS2009.
The business requirement is as follows:
After the user creates a PR from the standard transaction ME51N a
workflow should start and send a link (which should the sap
transaction where in the user can release the PR) to the external
email address of the approver. And  in the workflow overview of the
transaction ME54N the approver id should be found.

For achieving the above requirement I have created a custom workflow
and in the start events I have assigned BUS2009 and event as
RELEASESTEPCREATED and used the standard task TS00007986 and also
configured the SWNCONFIG for sending emails to the external email
address.

When I started testing after creating the PR in ME51N, the workflow is
not get triggered, there are no start conditions for this workflow. I
did check the SWEL for any entries but found nothing.

Am I not using the right business object?? Release startegy is also
done in the system. Is there any pre-requsite from the funtional to
start the workflow??

The standard workflow WS00000038 is also not triggering I have checked
the event linkage. What could be the problem?

Thanks and Regards
Srini..
SAP Technical Consultant
+919963307464