Dynamic work item text not updated

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Wed Jun 13 06:15:42 EDT 2012

Hello George,

the header text is stored upon creation in the workitem's language in the database is not changed anymore, after that.

This is done for performance reasons, when the worklist for a user-ID is built. The stored workitem header can be used, without instantiation of the object-instance.

A user setting (or global default setting) can overwrite this behaviour, so that the logon-language is used instead of the workitem's language. (settings->workflow settings->display workitem texts in logon language).
This will also generate the workitem header text, even when the languages match.

I have seen users worklist that needs more than 10 minutes to construct, as they were using this feature, when they had 500+ items in their inbox. So carefully activate that feature.

Please check this out, if that behaviour is (still) working with your ERP release. I can't say, how the UWL would work here, by the way.

With the very best wishes,
   florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------