Can old workflow instances execute new code?

Florin Wach florin.wach at gmx.net
Mon Jun 4 02:46:06 EDT 2012

Hi Judy,

yes, the running workflows will keep their definition. When transporting a definition into a new system, the target system will create a new internal runtime version when there's any workflow existing for the current version (which is obsiously the case - you can see these numbers in the workflow builder on the top-left window section).
This feature isn't working like that on the same system with different clients, which explains that you haven't encountered that in the DEV system.

Maybe you could try to put your fix into the coding of a Business Object or create a check-function module on the level of the event-item that could filter your "bad" data. Both would effect immediatly running workflows.

With the very best wishes,
   Florin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------