SWWDHEX starts a French workflow

Paul.Bakker@osr.treasury.qld.gov.au Paul.Bakker at osr.treasury.qld.gov.au
Mon Jan 23 21:17:56 EST 2012

Regular readers of the WUG group might remember my question from a few
weeks ago:

        How is the WorkItemLanguage of a workflow set?

I had an urgent problem: mining engineers in the outback were receiving
workflow emails in French, and they weren't happy about it.

Using advice from Florin W. I tracked down the culprit: the deadline job
SWWDHEX (!). This job had been set up from SWU3 with a language of 'FR' (in
the 'step' tab).

When a workitem deadline expires, SWWDHEX (under user WF-BATCH) terminates
the current workitem. The workflow continues on and approves the
procurement  document (at the current release level), and this triggers a
new approval workflow for the next level.

This new workflow is started with the WorkItemLanguage copied from the
SWWDHEX job. Presumably the language id 'FR' is stored in SY-LANGU  at the
time that the workflow is triggered.

My question is now: how can I change SY-LANGU in the ABAP code, before the
next workflow is triggered?

In the code just before BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN I have tried:
- sy-langu = 'EN'.
- 'SET LOCALE LANGUAGE 'E'.

But neither have had any effect.

Is there a better approach? Or is there another way to stop the evil
influence of the SWWDHEX job?

thanks
Paul Bakker

Only an individual or entity who is intended to be a recipient of this e-mail may access or use the information contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments.  Opinions contained in this e-mail or any of its attachments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queensland Treasury.

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged and the subject of copyright.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Queensland Treasury immediately and erase all copies of the e-mail and the attachments.  Queensland Treasury uses virus scanning software.  However, it is not liable for viruses present in this e-mail or in any attachment.