Workitem object attachment description

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed Feb 15 08:46:00 EST 2012

Ashley,

If you are talking about the hyperlink in the work item, Florin sent me a
procedure which I have used and I know for sure works.  ...and I quote...

I'm adding a few additional remarks, how to proceed with Mike's infos:
Make a system wide delegation to the object type, where you like to change
the text.
The subtype needs to be changed under the general attributes to change the
object type short description: This is the text, that appears as the left
part, e.g.  "Purchase Order 4100054387". So "Purchase Order" = <Object
type short text>
The right hand side comes from the default attribute, which is also
assigned in the general attributes. On a subtyped class you can create a
new virtual attribute, e.g. "ReleaseStatus". Then it could look like this:
"Purchase Order: blocked"

Having gathered experiences with this ... successfully, go ahead with the
object type SOFM to work on your attachment's text.

best wishes
   Florin

Hopefully this helps.

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

ashleybutterfield at hotmail.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
02/15/2012 07:10 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Workitem object attachment description

 Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to change the
description on the object link in the work item

eg:

Objects and attachments

Employee Class for W: USABUTTERFIELD20120215
Purchase Req Class f: 0010000064

change to:

Objects and attachments

Employee: USABUTTERFIELD20120215
Purchase Req: 0010000064

Thanks a lot!
SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.