SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 87, Issue 15

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Feb 14 23:39:59 EST 2012

Hi Colm,
To change the text in a standard SAP task ..... Redefining the text of the task is a feature within PFTC_DIS (you must be in DISPLAY mode) - look for the Redefinition button near the work item text and the Change text button in the Description tab.  For a custom task you just edit directly as normal.

Changing runtime descriptions in tasks en masse is very unusual which is why there is no specific function for that.  You'd need to look at the Workflow API function modules (SAP_WAPI*), but you are likely to end up directly maintaining table SWWWIHEAD... PLEASE BE VERY VERY CAREFUL here !!!!!!! as this is the header for all work items and you could really stuff things up if you get it wrong.

Also even if you do that it may not change the text in user's inboxes, as that is usually established on work item creation and cached.
Regards,
Jocelyn