Background tasks and deadlines

Sue Doughty Sue.Doughty at odfl.com
Thu Feb 2 13:56:17 EST 2012

We have a background process that looks at the images for an employee to see if there is any missing.  What I did was create a sub-workflow with that background task in it - in a loop; it checks for the document, if it is missing it sends a workflow to the manager.  When the manager executes the workflow and clicks Try Again, it checks for the document and if not there he gets another workflow

I have the Latest End set on the task in the main workflow that calls the Sub-workflow set to four days.  So if the manager does not have the form(s) imaged within four days, the sub-workflow hits the Latest End which I have setting the sub-workflow to obsolete.  In the obsolete outcome, the workflow executes the background step again to see if the documents are still missing.  If the documents are still missing, it sends the manager an email and then starts over again at calling that sub-workflow again.  It keeps doing it every four days until the form(s) are in the employee's SAP record.

Regards,
Sue Doughty
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Thomasville, NC