UWL workitem calling ITS transaction

Andronache, Ionut-Laurentiu ionut-laurentiu.andronache at sap.com
Thu Dec 6 18:35:52 EST 2012

Hello WF Gurus,

I'm watching this group for same time now and to be honest I learned a lot from the issues and solutions presented here.

Now, the time came for me also to ask for your opinion regarding this requirement that I came across. I have some decent knowledge in WF technology but a little light on UWL interaction.

Requirement:
I have a custom WF.
I need to display the workitems on the UWL. (I'll try to do it from SWFVISU).
When the user open the workitem an ITS transaction needs to open with some specific (as per workitem) selection screen parameters.

Question:
Can you please let me know the general flow steps how can I achieve the last part of the requirement? How can I open an ITS transaction once the UWL workitem is opened. Also, how can I pass the parameters for this case.

Your help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ionut Andronache