Issue with SRM workflow

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:25:25 EDT 2011

Hi Experts,
I am very new to SRM workflow . I am facing an issue with a workflow
development. The business process of the workflow is as follows:
1)     Once the user creates a shopping cart a work item will be sent to an
Approver A. If the approver A cannot take the action due to the personal
reasons he can substitute.
2)     After the first level approval is completed the work item goes to
second level and third level. The substitute principle is applicable in all
levels.
3)     After all the approvals a notification should be sent to the user and
if any of the substitute has taken a decision a notification has to be sent
to the original approver. For example : In the first level approval Approver
A was assigned as approver. Approver A has substituted to Approver S. After
all the approvals the user (who initiated the shopping cart) and Approver A
has to receive a notification.

Technical flow.
The standard workflow WS0000014 will be triggered when the user initiates
the shopping cart. All the approval process will be handled by the
WS0000014. After all the approvals are completed a custom workflow will be
started via an event (APPROVED) from ZBUS2121 business object. The purpose
of the custom workflow is only to send the notifications.

 About the issue
If any approvals is done by the substitutes, case 1 : No notification can be
sent to the approvers or Case 2: The notification can be sent  to the
substitutes only, as the actual determined agents information is not found
in the workflow log. As per the business,  if an approval is done by the
substitute a notification should go to the determined agent. For example:
Approver A has substituted to Approver S for approval. Approver S has
approved. In this case Approver A has to receive a notification not Approver
S.How to get the actual determined approver information?? In the workflow
log I could see only the actual agent (in this case substitute information).

Can someone help me in resolving this issue.
--
Thanks and Regards
Srini..