Workflow Not Failing on Agent Determination

Colm.Gavin@kerry.ie Colm.Gavin at kerry.ie
Thu Nov 17 05:45:36 EST 2011

Hi Sue,

I figured out the problem, the Agent Determination was returning a
Position ID, which in turn was linked to a person, however, the person was
not linked to a user ID with an IT0105-0001 record.

So the rule was not throwing an error because as far as it was concerned
there was no error, it found a position. And our SD team were correct in
that they had not changed master data, but the HR team had!

Thanks for your help, I hope someone might find this useful.

Regards,
Colm

_____________________________________
Colm Gavin
SAP Technical Developer\Designer
Kerryconnect Programme Office
Crowne Plaza Dublin Northwood Hotel
Santry, Dublin 9
Ireland

e-Mail: colm.gavin at kerry.ie

Hi Colm,

I had a case where the Rule Resolution FM did not terminate, but it was
bad
master data - the row returned by the FM had no userid but did have an
email
address - so technically the rule had a result.  But since you said you've
made no master data changes, I assume that's not the problem - but you may
want to ensure that no rows are returned from your FM.

Cheers,
Sue
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Kerry Group accepts no liability for actions or effects
based on the prohibited usage of this information. Kerry Group is not liable for the
proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or
for any delay in its receipt. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer.

Thank you for your attention.