Transaction PPOME showing the incorrect data

Nat 4 Govender ngovender4 at toyota.co.za
Thu Nov 10 23:21:18 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

Just some info on PPOME.

I am no expert on HR but I am sure in transaction PPOME what is displayed
depends on what object you select to view.
On our system when I view the position it does not show me the org details
of that position.

Regards
Nat Govender
Toyota South Africa
IT - SAP Workflow
Internal Ext.   :  32645
Direct Line    :  +27 031 910 2645
Fax               :  086 607 0414
E-mail           :  ngovender4 at toyota.co.za

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Tim Price <tim_price at totalise.co.uk>
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
2011/11/08 03:37 PM
Please respond to
"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>

"SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: Transaction PPOME showing the incorrect data

Thanks Rick

On 8 Nov 2011, at 11:29, Rick Bakker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not certain what effect SWU_OBUF will have on HR data, but I do
> know that there is no SWU_OBUF job that runs at midnight, it's just
> that the buffers are set with some sort of expiry date/time that
> expires at midnight - so that they get refreshed the next time they
> are accessed.
>
> I wouldn't worry too much about running SWU_OBUF during the day, as
> long as it's not done repeatedly.
>
> regards
> Rick Bakker
> hanabi technology
>
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Tim Price <tim_price at totalise.co.uk>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question about transaction PPOME being refreshed, we have the
following issue.

>> Data is created in the SAP HR system, this is transferred to the PRD
SAP system via an Idoc. Updates can be seen in transaction PA20, showing
the employees's org unit, position etc. However when the employee's data
is viewed in PPOME, the employee is not assigned to an Org unit and there
is no position assigned to the employee.

>> If I run transaction SWU_OBUF, this should refresh the org unit data
(will this have any performance issues if run during the day?), but I was
under the impression that the workflow buffer is refreshed every night. I
have asked the Basis team but there are not sure what job/program should
refresh the buffer every night.

***** This e-mail is a privileged and private communication and may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender by return e-mail with the subject heading "Received in error". Please then delete the e-mail; destroy any copies of it and do not disclose its contents to any person or entity. If you are not the intended recipient, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Neither the sender nor Toyota South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd accepts any liability whatsoever as a result of the further dissemination of this e-mail. Toyota South Africa Motors (Pty) Ltd does not guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. *****