Blank Container Work item issue during upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6

Sandy sandysydney at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:24:13 EDT 2011

Hello Guys,

We are upgrading to ECC 6 from 4.6C and we are on release 701 & support pack
SAPKB70106. We are just 3 weeks away from go- Live.

During one of our recent Trail Cutover activity, we encountered a strange
problem regarding Workflow. After a Client Copy from 4.6C PRD to new ECC 6
system, some of the work items, belonging to a particular task have “BLANK”
Container.  All these Work items belong to a particular task for which,
agent assignment was NOT ACTIVE in 4.6C PRD and client copy was done without
rectifying this error.

As a result, we got few work items in new ECC6 Build system with Blank
container. Moreover, these Work items are appearing in all user inbox. We
cannot view the container and also cannot FORWARD, EXECUTE these work items.
We are getting error message:

1.       “Work item container could not be created “, when executing.

2.       “Cancellation by User”, when forwarding.

3.       “Step identifier not provided” (SWF_PLOG, message 010) followed by
exit, when trying to see the container in WF log.

I couldn’t find any OSS note, SDN and WUG threads on this problem.

Thanks for posting excellent stuff regarding the Workflow Upgrades on this
mailing list. It really helped me in resolving most of my issues.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Sandy

**