Testing Workflow deadlines, wait steps, logically deleted cases etc.

Krishna K Kammaje kkammaje at in.ibm.com
Wed Mar 23 03:33:45 EDT 2011

Hi friends

Our functional testers usually find it tough to test workflow deadlines.
Basically because, it involves changing the deadlines, sometimes testing
logically deleted scenario, sometimes completing wait steps (ex: wait for
two days). So they are dependent on technical team for performing these
actions.

What is the best way to get this done?
Is there any option similar to changing sy-datum to simulate these
deadlines? (I feel changing sy-datum itself can be very risky and can
create db inconsistencies). I am looking for any other ways which
functional testers can use, without actually getting into technical data
of work items.

Please share your experience.

Thanks
Krishna Kishor Kammaje