ABAP OO Super/SubClass Event triggering

Mark Daley mark_daley at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 10:44:26 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have an abap object class that is workflow enabled ie using IF_WORKFLOW interface.

I want to create several 'flavours' of this class (ZSUB1) using the original abap class (ZSUPER) as the superclass.

My understanding from what I've read in Workflow book and blogs, is that I need to reference the ZSUB1 instance in my workflow and I will have access to methods of the super class.

This all seems fine, but I'm having problems trying to trigger an event of the subclass eg ZSUB.CREATE? Is it possible to do this?

I've tried to debug whats happening using SWUE by puting  a breakpoint in the FIND_BY_LPOR method of ZSUPER but it does not even get executed?

What am I missing?

Mark