SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 79, Issue 20, Message 3, PPOME - Update Position assignments in Production box

Mad ABAPper madabapper at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:28:55 EDT 2011

Wilbert,

Thank you for your response. I believe we are managing our Organizational
Structures & assignments as you are, and the configuration you reference is
consistent with ours. As you mentioned, when we maintain the holders for
positions within a non-customizing client, we are familiar with the message
that changes are not allowed. However, the changes do save.

That is until recently. We have recently applied service pack 8, and those
changes are no longer being saved. We are on ECC 6, Netweaver 7.01.
Somewhere between SAP service pack 4 and service pack 8, you lose the
ability to maintain position assignments in a non-customizing client (ie...
Production systems). This is a critical task for us. As you mentioned, those
users assigned to positions across the landscape are often different from
one instance/client to another. We are currently in regression testing of
service pack 8, but soon will be moving it all to our production
environment. I am currently at a loss as how to solve this problem. It is
becoming a bit of a crisis situation I'm afraid.

Again thank you for all your keen insights.

Regards,

MadABAPper