performance issue while the user click on the email in MS outlook (extended notifications)

Srinivas Reddy ootasrinivasreddy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:38:50 EDT 2011

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is only in test and production system.
We have turned off the batch job for SWN_SELSEN report in development system
but still the problem is not fixed . In your last statement "*dump the mails
from the first run*". Please let me know how can I do this.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Dart, Jocelyn <jocelyn.dart at sap.com> wrote:

>  Hi Srini,
>
> Often this happens in Test systems when the email notification is first
> configured and there are 10s to 100s of work items in the one mail, and
> hence the mail itself is huge.
>

> These days on sites we like to do an initial run of extended notifications
> to generate the emails but dump the first lot of mails – e.g. by temporarily
> preventing the mail server from delivering them.   After that the delta
> mails should be smaller and perform reasonably provided you are running your
> job at reasonable frequencies (at least once a day).
>
> If you are running the SWN_SELSEN program manually or turn off your batch
> job for extended periods you need to repeat the process.  Often we just
> doctor the mail server connection so that it is only active when we need it
> for test  systems (and we usually don’t turn it on at all for dev systems).
>

> It’s usually not a problem in a production system, unless you are turning
> on extended notifications after you have been live for some time... in which
> case the same approach will work, i.e. dump the mails from the first run.
>

> Hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jocelyn

Thanks and Regards