Travel Expenses Approval

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Mon Jan 24 10:18:21 EST 2011

John,

As one recommendation (and likely a ham-handed approach) here are some
things you can look at...

How would I provide the list of these names to the 1st Approver, from
within a decision task (the names would be held in a custom table)
Look at business object WF_TASK - I think the methods Dispatch or
GetListAndDispatch provide some methods for populating a popup with a list
of agents that can be selected and read back into the WF container for
subesequent steps of the workflow.

How would you advise to provide a mechanism for the approver to provide
rejection reason text back to the claimant.
We do something similar, but with invoices.  We have a popup that reads
the comments from the invoice and displays them in a text popup. Approvers
can enter new comments that can then be stored with the invoice (in your
case the trip).  This way all the history is stored with the invoice
(trip).

Function Modules:
FITP_REQUEST_TABLES_READ - can be used to get all the data from a trip
request, including the "comments" section
FITP_UPDATE_REQUEST - can write comments back into the request, but I
think it also writes back a bunch of other trip request data, so test this
FM carefully.  Trip comments are stored in table FTPT_REQ_REASON.
CATSXT_SIMPLE_TEXT_EDITOR - this FM gives a popup with text.  Once you
have read the comments from the request, call this FM and the popup can
include all the comments and the approver can enter further comments at
bottom.

Either that, or use SOFM to make an attachment to the workflow (instead of
the trip request).

You would have to glue all this together in a custom method...

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

jhaworth at csc.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
01/24/2011 06:20 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Travel Expenses Approval

Hi to all,

I would really appreciate some advice.

We are on ECC6 and no Portal

Starting to develop a Travel/Trip expense workflow approval process.

The requirement is to have a two step approval, whereby the claimant
chooses the 1st approver, easy enough to achieve, im ok with that.

But then when the 1st approver receives the decision task, Approve /
Reject, for the 1st approver to be able to choose from a list of names,
these would be the 2nd level approvers.

2 Questions
How would I provide the list of these names to the 1st Approver, from
within a decision task (the names would be held in a custom table)
How would you advise to provide a mechanism for the approver to provide
rejection reason text back to the claimant.

Many thanks

John Haworth
SAP PDM/Workflow
CSC

Euxton House, Euxton Lane, Chorley, PR7 6FE.
|Office: +44(0)1257 23 6474|Mobile: +44(0)7921069650| email:
jhaworth at csc.com|www.csc.com

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose • CSC Computer Sciences Limited •
Registered Office: Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire,
GU11 1PZ, UK • Registered in England No: 0963578

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.