Fwd: Problem with calling SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT - message type X PRECOMMIT error

brynn rutherford brynn.rutherford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 08:25:38 EST 2011

Hello,

Has anyone run into the problem we are having when calling
SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT to create the event.

We are having an issue with a short dump while trying to get the SCCO
workflow going when calling 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT' from program
/CREW/PP000023. We are getting a *message type X  PRECOMMIT error* with a
short dump. I removed the commit parameter from the call and the response
from the WAPI is successful but it does not create the event even though it
says it did create the event.

So then I put a separate COMMIT WORK AND WAIT in and I still get the same
error with a short dump.

I tried putting in the PS PRECOMMIT, even though it did not make sense, to
see if the pre commit error would go away and then the call to the PRECOMMIT
response was that no PRECOMMIT was issued because nothing was changed.

This is what I tried for the PRECOMMIT:

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PS_INITIALIZATION'.

CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT'

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT'