FI-Closing Cockpit Workflow Issues

Ali Husain mr_mago40 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:36:52 EST 2011

Hey guys,

I need to create a WF for the closing cockpit process (T.code CLOCOC). I
 was searching around and I found that there were some standard WFs but
i'm not sure if i can use them. For example, WS16600160 is using this
business object SCMA_WLIST (Worklist of schedule manager) and it has
some sub-workflows inside of it. I tried to test it out but it was
short-dumping when pressing F4 to instantiate one of the business
objects so obviously there is some problem with it. I thought of
creating a custom business object for the sole reason of having an event
 because there isn't much attributes that i need to create now (maybe
later). In the WF process, i'm just gonna send the CLOCOC to the users
at the correct point in time with some deadline monitoring. I was facing
 a problem of the triggering event. The workflow should be triggered
whenever the status is changed from not released to released (field
ready from table TFC_INST_HDR). I checked around and there was no
standard change document or status for this and i'm not familiar with
BTEs (Business Transaction Events) so not sure if that option can be
used here. Also, there is no user-exist or BAdi i can use to trigger the
 workflow once that status is changed. I also thought of creating a
custom change document but i guess i can't change the standard data
element of that field to be part of change document since i would
require access key for that and it will be considered a modification.

So my question how would i monitor that field in that certain table to
trigger an event that i will create in my custom business object which
will be based on table TFC_INST_HDR  I'm not sure if anyone used a WF
for the closing cockpit process and can verify if that's even a good
approach or not or if there is other standard workflows or business
objects that i'm missing. Now, i'm thinking of creating a transaction
for the users to trigger the event once they change the status to
released but i'm guessing there should be a better option.

I appreciate any help offered and thanks in advance.

Ali