Dead line monitoring using expression

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Mon Feb 14 14:47:09 EST 2011

Hi Srini,

If I understand you correctly, you just need to call your task that returns the date/time, sometime in your workflow before the task which will use the date/time for its deadline.   Your date/time task step fills a workflow container element(s). Then in your activity step, on the deadline tab you reference those container element(s) to define the deadline.  (I take it your activity step is the user decision you mention.)

Likewise, you need to call your task that returns the line manager somewhere before the task which needs to use that manager as the agent.

When the deadline passes, will the line manager simply get a message, or does the line manager need to get a work item? If only a message, then in the same activity task where you set the deadline, you specify the manager as the recipient of the notification, so you would need to put the task step for determining the manager before that activity step. If the manager needs to get a work item then you need to use a modeled deadline.  If you are using a modeled deadline then you would put the step to determine that manager in the new branch, so it is only executed if the deadline is missed.

I hope that helps!

Margaret Hilsbos
Corporate IT, Day & Zimmermann<http://www.dayzim.com/>
(215) 299-5630

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.