Workflow -> Task Bindings and user authorizations

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Feb 11 05:25:49 EST 2011

Michael,

This is normal, though the results seem a little counterintuitive. A
workflow step is created in the context of the preceding step. This
includes binding and agent determination (necessary to support advance in
dialog). Then, when all the binding and agent determination is done, the
workflow engine will switch context by calling an RFC to start the actual
task processing (in case of a background step).

Not sure if it still does this if you switch advance in dialog off at the
header level. Never tried as you often want this feature elsewhere in the
WF.

If you use the old technical log (thanks SAP for bringing this back as
"Classic Technical View" in the personal workflow settings!), the very
last column shows the context under which each bit is executing.

Cheers,
Mike