UWL and WF communication

Julien Labruyere julien.labruyere at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 01:55:29 EST 2011

Dear All, here a question for a friend :

Do you have an idea of solution for the below issue?

In an approval workflow we have created a user decision task. 4 options are
defined. The task is processed in the SAP portal via the UWL.

When a workitem is selected, an ABAP WebDynpro application is launched. Only
the option 1 (Approve) and 2 (Reject) are proposed to the user.

If user chooses option 1, additional checks are made and if some conditions
are met a pop-up screen proposes option 3 and/or 4 instead of 1.

Then the webDynpro send via function module the right option code to the
workflow which continues normally.

The problem is that in the SAP Business WorkPlace, if the user process the
task he can see (and select!) one of the four option and thus bypass the
additional check made in the ABAP WebDynpro on the option 1.

I wonder if it was possible to hide the task in the SAP Business workplace
or to hide the options in order to prevent the processing of the task in the
workplace ?

Any other idea which could help to solve my problem is welcomed.

--
Labruyère Julien
Consultant IT / SAP - WorkFlow

Rue de la Baronne 71 Bt 5