ABAP Objects vs. BOR to trigger event?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Wed Feb 9 12:27:01 EST 2011

Hi Rick,

Yes it is unfortunately necessary to have both in most cases. Sometimes I
just have the BOR in the WF container purely so the workflow is visible
from GOS. There are ways around that too but some things aren't always
worth the effort.

A couple of ways around the instantiation:
1.  An event replicator. The BOR event receiver in SWETYPV is a method
that looks at the BOR event and raises the clas event which starts the
workflow. Not suitable for high-volume processes.
2. First prize is always to raise a class event in first place. If using
change docs or the likes you're all set.
3. Create class instance in WF. This is what you have done, but far less
performance overhead is via a static GET_INSTANCE functional method on the
class: this can then be called in a conatiner operation step or even in a
binding of the first step that needs it.

This is all explained in the second edition of the WF book. Author's
prceeds go to charity so this is not advertising :-)

Cheers,
Mike