Actual user ID instead of WF-BATCH

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Wed Dec 28 11:16:51 EST 2011

Hi Melih,

We had a similar issue with the purchase requisition workflow. We solved it as follows:

1.       Capture the actual agent of the approval step. (in binding of user decision, map &_WI_ACTUAL_AGENT& from decision to an element in your workflow container)

2.       Pass the actual agent to a custom method that does the release.  (workflow step using a custom task based on your custom method; bind the element from step 1)

3.       Code in the method sets sy-uname before calling the bapi that executes the release:

  sy-uname = i_agent+2.     " i_agent is &_WI_ACTUAL_AGENT&  from the decision step

  CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_REQUISITION_RELEASE_GEN'
    EXPORTING
      number            = i_banfn
      rel_code          = i_relcode
      no_commit_work    = ' '