Extended notifications scheduling

Ibrahim ikhansap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:46:36 EST 2011

Dear User,
  I am configuring Extended notifications for sending the workflow
notification to Outlook. I have a question on scheduling part. My Client
wants the notification in outlook as soon as PR/PO is created in SAP. Let
me know out of the below two options which one would be the best to send
the notifications at the earliest. Also let me know if there is any
performance issue if select the* option 1*.

*Note : I have checked/selected the option ‘No Time Check During Send’ in
the selection screen of the report SWN_SELSEN and defined as a variant for
my background job.*

*OPTION 1:*
Schedule Selection Interval = 5 minutes
Delivery Schedule Interval = 5 minutes
Background Job Schedule = 5 minutes

*OPTION 2:*
Schedule Selection Interval = 10 minutes
Delivery Schedule Interval = 10 minutes
Background Job Schedule = 5 minutes

Also I have one more doubt, while configuring the extended
notifications(SWNCONFIG) do we need to select the option "*Delete After Send
*" under the option "CATEGORY".
Is it the same as scheduling the background job *RSWNNOTIFDEL *for Deleting
Completed Notifications or these two things are different. Please advise.

Regards
Ikhan