eliminate message "New work items in your Workflow inbox"

Hilsbos, Margaret A Margaret.Hilsbos at dayzim.com
Tue Aug 30 09:19:27 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We are getting ready to go live with a customized version of an SAP process.  The standard process relies heavily on workflow events but the users are completing the items via application screens, not the universal work list and certainly not the SAP Inbox. Yet we are getting these messages "New work items in your Workflow inbox" even though I've configured (I thought) the extended notifications to send individual messages only.  I think the reason may have that there was a global subscription for the standard category active. The standard category has "Select All Work Items of Selected Tasks" set.  I have since deactivated that.

However since we are close to going live with this I was hoping one of you could confirm:

*       that this message is coming from extended notifications?

*       That the way to turn it off is to deactivate the "Select All Work Items of Selected Tasks"?

Or, is there something else we need to do to kill that message?

The body of the message is

~~~

There are new work items in your SAP Workflow inbox in system ZZZ, client 999.

Log on to this system and process the work items.

If you have problems logging on to the system, contact your system administrator.
~~~

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Margaret Hilsbos
Business Systems Analyst, Corporate IT
Day & Zimmermann<http://www.dayzim.com/>

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.