UWL Replace option or Replace button

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Apr 26 20:47:37 EDT 2011

Hi VJ,

In the UWL, "Reserve" is called "Assign to me", and "Replace" is called "Cancel Assignment".
These buttons show automatically with the standard configuration of the UWL.
Obviously only either "Assign to me" or "Cancel Assignment" would be showing for any one work item at any one time as they are opposites.

If the buttons are not showing then check what has been configured for your UWL - it's possible that the buttons may have been deactivated e.g.

*         Globally in the Portal Content Directory entry for the UWL - look for a property along the lines of "uwl actions to be hidden"

*         Specifically in the UWL XML configuration - I'd suggest check whether someone has created a custom version of the uwl.standard file or uwl.webflow file for starters.

Also if the  users are seeing Assign to Me when they back out of the work item - they may need to refresh the inbox (assuming they are on a portal less than 7.2 SP4 when the immediate forced automatic refresh is an option)  to make the Cancel Assignment button appear.

Regards,
Jocelyn