Clickable URL Link in Work Item Description

Ali Husain mr_mago40 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:24:48 EDT 2010

Hey Guys,

I have a question about having a URL link in the work item description.
>From what i've gathered on SDN, basically, to have a link we can just type the following:
<A
HREF="http://www.cnn.com"> Details </A>
and making that line a comment line (/* in the SAPScript editor). This is working fine and the links shows as Details and when i click on it it fires up the URL.

However, because of the limitation of 80 characters for URL links, i'm putting my long URL which is calculated dynamically into two container elements. So to display it using the same code:
<A
HREF="&TEST&&TEST2&"> Details </A>
The link works fine when i click on it but the text does not only show Details but also shows the value of the second container element which is test2 in that case. How do i get it to only show the text Details as in the above cnn.com static link?
I've also noticed that the link opened in the same existing window when testing in SOST so i used the following to open it in a new window:
<A
HREF="&TEST&" "&TEST2&"> Details
</A>
But still the value of test2 shows and then also the "> Details part. I"m guessing this has to do with the &s that are embedded in the link. Is there a way to overcome that?

I also have a second question about the BO SOFM. Is there a way to type an export parameter of a function module or a method to be of type ref to SOFM? Since SOFM is a business object and not a regular class, it did not allow me to type "type ref to" and put SOFM as the type.

Thanks a lot.
Ali