Short dumps on old FM with obsolete parms - RESOLVED

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Tue Oct 5 08:32:20 EDT 2010

Resolved.

Yea, we need to change to WAPI ... when we get to it or must change it.
This was code written in 2002. Our intro into the world of SAP. So a lot of code could be revisited if you know what mean.

Findings:
I believe a service pack upgrade flipped on the uni-code check option for an old 4.6c created BOR object. No matter what changed it, we now must address it.

I tested the SAP FM in a Local Object (i.e. in a Y test FM) with/without unicode option turned on.
- When "Unicode checks active" option not checked, the runtime does not abort.
- When "Unicode checks active" option is checked, the runtime aborts.

So, we have the option to change this to unicode and swap in WAPI calls vs. SWW*.

Thanks,
Rick