Issues with SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Thu Nov 18 12:52:46 EST 2010

Hi Wugger's

I posted on SDN but thought I would ask you folks before I throw in the towel.

I want to create an attachment, set to the WF using SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD.
(Or other WAPI. I do not know these very well)

Simple code. Create BOR obj, set as attachment on the Wf. This code short dumps with Message X.
I got SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD working with a PDF in other project but can do a simple attachment.

CALL FUNCTION 'SWC_OBJECT_CREATE'
    EXPORTING
      objtype              = 'BUS2032'
      objkey               = '0300056134'
    IMPORTING
      object               = o_bus2032
    EXCEPTIONS
      objtype_not_found    = 1
      logsys_not_found     = 2
      objtype_not_released = 3.

  l_att_header-file_type = 'B'.
  l_att_header-file_name = '0300056134'.
  l_att_header-file_extension = 'OBJ'.
  l_att_header-language = sy-langu.

*   Remove enqueue
  CALL METHOD cl_swf_run_wim_factory=>suppress_enqueue
    EXPORTING
      im_wiid = l_wfid.

  CALL FUNCTION 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD'
    EXPORTING
      workitem_id = l_wfid
      att_header  = l_att_header
*      att_txt     = o_bus2032
       att_bin     = o_bus2032
    IMPORTING
      return_code = l_return_code
      att_id      = l_att_id.

*   Recreate enqueue
  CALL METHOD cl_swf_run_wim_factory=>reactivate_enqueue
    EXPORTING
      im_wiid = l_wfid.