Background Workflow steps taking many hours to execute

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:36:49 EST 2010

Carolyn,

I would reschedule it to run every 20 mins, which is the default. Then
your users won't complain so much!
I can't say I've ever seen a temporary error that wasn't a lock. I
would try looking in the workflow log via various views (technical
etc) and if that doesn't help try looking in the tables. Not sure
where this is stored, maybe SWWLOGHIST?

How to avoid the locks, that's not easily answered. It depends on a
lot of things. What is the step actually doing?

regards
Rick Bakker
hanabi technology