Background Workflow steps taking many hours to execute

Rick Bakker rbakker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:11:56 EST 2010

Carolyn,

You can usually tell from the step history that there's been a
temporary error (e.g. locking) by the presence of yellow triangles.

I don't see them here but note that it does have RSWWERRE in there -
that's the workflow error job that would resolve temporary errors.
Usually it tries every 20 mins for 3 times = the 1 hour delay you saw.
Look in SM37 to see how often that job runs.

regards
Rick Bakker
hanabi technology