Workflow went into error before reaching to next task

Sample, Rick Rick.Sample at graybar.com
Wed Nov 10 08:52:30 EST 2010

yea, that is what it sounds like. From my experience, the majority (for a prod issue) is role res failure or object not exist issue.
It shows task completed, but not starting the next task in the flow.

Would need to know it the next task in flow is a foreground step? Decision step?

Quick check, execute the role res from the task passing in the values from the task.
Check if object exists. Object linked to the task should be there. See the log (what is passed in to the task and WF)

Since this is prod, I would assume role res first.

The more details, the better answer you will get. But these are just shooting from the hip.