Setting to save changes to org. model PPOME??

Wilbert Mulleners w.mulleners at pyramid.nl
Tue Nov 9 05:36:01 EST 2010

What we usually want to achieve and do implement is:
- maintain structure (organizational units, positions, ...) on Devl system
and transport to QAss/Prod system
- assign users/holders to positions on each system/client since not all the
users are created throughout the system landscape plus we do not want to
overwrite these assignments by transport requests

How to configure this:
- Transaction *OOCR *(PD Transport Connection)
TRSP CORR should be set to space (= Automatic Transport)
so all changes have to be included in a request
- Transaction *OOTR* (Transport Lock for Infotypes/Subtypes)
Include an entry for Object type S (Position) Infotype 1001 (Relations)
Subtype A008 (Holder)
so assignments of users/holders are skipped when the request is imported on
a QA/Prod system

When you assign users on a non-customizing client, indeed you get a message
that changes are not allowed. This is not consistent to the settings but the
assignments are saved (and they should).

Regards,
Wilbert Mulleners