Workflow Upgrade 4.6C to ECC6 - manual settings during Cutover & Version

Sandy sandysydney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:18:09 EDT 2010

Hello Guys,

We are upgrading to ECC 6 from 4.6C and we are on release 701 & support pack
SAPKB70106.

I would like to know which are the "*Manual activities*" that needs to done
during cutover and *WHEN* should these should be done (eg. before ECC6
upgade, or after ECC6 upgrade but before config/dev transports, or after
config/dev transports).

I have looked on few threads and found the following info. Please correct me
or add extra info if i have missed something:

1. Configure RFC destination & other mandatory options in Transaction SWU3.
2. Run Transaction SWU_OBUF to clear the runtime buffers before users start
Testing.

I assume rest of changes would be imported with transports, but i have read
through lot of SDN threads that *all custom Workflow definitions needs to be
ACTIVATED in each system (DEV - QAS- PRD)* and *custom BOR objects needs be
REGENERATED in each system (DEV - QAS- PRD).* Also, do I have manually *set
the agent assignement for Customer Task as GENERAL TASK* in each system? Are
above stated 3 steps needs to be manually done in each system or transports
take care of them ? I am bit confused. Could anybody please advise me
regarding the *Manual Task/activities that needs to done in each system
during cutover during WF upgrade from 4.6 C to ECC6.*

Thanks for posting excellent stuff regarding the Workflow Upgrades on this
mailing list. It really helped me in resolving most of my issues.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

*

Regards*