Standard process for the attachments in Workitems

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Wed May 19 12:55:18 EDT 2010

srini0978,

One way...

Look at BOR object SOFM and methods attach or importfile.  You can move
the created SOFM object into the standard WF container element Ad Hoc
Objects or Attach Objects using bindings and/or container operatiion steps
- and then import the Ad Hoc or Attach Objects into subesquent workflow
steps also using bindings.  This will display the attachments as the
hyperlinks at the bottom right of the work item in the inbox.  Test these
objects in tcode SWO1 to see if that suits your needs.

Similar process for archivelink objects (which is what we normally do)
except use the BOR object IMAGE.

You can use FM BDS_ALL_CONNECTIONS_GET in order to get all attachments to
an SAP object (like an invoice or purchase order) in case you don't know
what all the attachments are.

...but I think there are many ways to skin that cat...;-)

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

srini0978 at gmail.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/19/2010 11:06 AM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
Standard process for the attachments in Workitems

Hi Experts,

Can someone tell me the standard process in attaching the documents to a
Workitem.The documents may be lying on different users desktops.Thanks in
advance.

SAP-WUG mailing list
SAP-WUG at mit.edu

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.