SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER - XML

Nigel Thurgood Nigel.Thurgood at sanitarium.com.au
Sun May 9 20:55:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

Recently upgraded from 4.7 to ECC 6.

In 4.7, the above function would return the first 256 characters of a structure as a single string, e.g.:

Field                                      Value
Z_STRUCTURE                   Value_1               Value_2               Value_3               $etc.

In ECC 6, the structure is now broken down as follows:

Field                                      Value
Z_STRUCTURE                   Value_1
Z_STRUCTURE                   Value_2
Z_STRUCTURE                   Value_3
Z_STRUCTURE                   &etc.

The latter would be better as the whole structure is available, not just the first 255 characters - however the structure field names (e.g. Z_STRUCTURE-MATNR) are not shown, only the structure name.

I would think that the XML container parameter of SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER would give me what I'm looking for?

Can anyone point me towards an example of converting SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER's IFS_XML_CONTAINER and IFS_XML_CONTAINER_SCHEMA into something like value pairs?

Cheers.

Nigel E Thurgood

This is an email from Australian Health & Nutrition Association Limited,
ABN 63 096 452 872 trading as Sanitarium Health Food Company.

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL..
Any recipient who is not the intended recipient is requested to
notify the sender by return e-mail and erase all copies of the message
and attachments. The sender cannot guarantee that this email or any
attachment to it is free of computer viruses or other conditions which may
damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.