Event queue - not a problem, just well... strangeness

michael.mcley@daimler.com michael.mcley at daimler.com
Thu May 6 08:22:45 EDT 2010

Sue,

Thanks for your answer, it got me looking into the actual method call of
the first task in the workflow - that's were the problem is.  I guess
instead of looking into a 100% custom BO method written by one of our
biggest hack developers, I assumed that I had uncovered a bug in SAP
standard that no one else had reported in what, 10 years?  Stoo-pid. Sorry
for wasting your time but thanks again ;-)

Michael McLey
MBUSI - IT Parts & Administration
Mercedes-Benz US International, Inc.
1 Mercedes Drive
Vance, AL 35490
PHONE:  (205) 462 - 5239
EMAIL:   michael.mcley at daimler.com

Sue.Doughty at odfl.com
Sent by: sap-wug-bounces at mit.edu
05/05/2010 03:26 PM
Please respond to
sap-wug at mit.edu

sap-wug at mit.edu
cc

Subject
RE: Event queue - not a problem, just well... strangeness

Hi Michael,

I just tried the same event with the invalid key and the event delivered
properly.  When the workflow that was triggered started, it went into
error status because the trip did not exist.

Do you have the Event trace turned on?  If not, turn it on (SWELS for that
specific event) long enough for your event to be triggered again.  When
you look in the Event trace in SWEQADM, you can double click the event
that you had the issue with and in the Receiver Data section you will see
if there were any error messages.

There could be an issue in the Workflow’s Header section under Start
Events that is not allowing the workflow to start.

Regards,
Sue