help ; -How to trigger alert through workflow to UWL?

gopinath srikakulam srikagop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:21:06 EDT 2010

Hello Experts,

I am having a scenario... Whenever a Purchase order is created a alert
message should go to another users UWL(Universal Worklist) inbox. I tried
using the following method .
Triggering with an Event Linkage
An alert can also be triggered by the occurrence of an event defined in the
Business Object Repository (BOR). In transaction SWE2 in the local system,
you enter the alert category as the receiver type and the function module
SALRT_CREATE_VIA_EVENT as the receiver function module for the event. The
Alert Framework receives your alert category from your entry in the event
linkage table.

*But its not working in my scenario. Please guide me...*