How to wait for an event with a specific value in its container?

Gert Beukema gert_sap-wug at beukema.net
Wed Jul 28 08:11:17 EDT 2010

Hi all,
here is my problem. I have a workflow that waits for an event but only with
a specific value in a specified element of the event container. I have built
this with an until loop around one wait step for the event. If the value in
the event container matches the need value the loop ends, if there is no
match another loop iteration is started and the workflow waits for the next
event.

This works just fine most of the time. But in the scenario where multiple
events get triggered simultaneously and the first one does not have the
needed value the following events do not get passed to the workflow because
the workflow is still in the process of handling the loop. This way it can
happen that the workflow misses the needed event.

Is there a simple way around this timing issue? Something like the check
function module for event type linkages would be perfect.

Many thanks in advance,

Gert Beukema