WF_BWP_DYN_COLUMN & Virtual Attributes

Neumann, Marcia Marcia_Neumann at cinfin.com
Wed Jul 21 16:44:33 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to implement BAdI WF_BWP_DYN_COLUMN to improve our inbox
performance.  Several of our dynamic columns are virtual attributes with
some extensive coding behind them.  Some tasks have dynamic columns
defined from a mix of database fields and virtual attributes.  I have
searched but couldn't find any information on the use of virtual
attributes in this BAdI.  Is there any performance gain in adding
virtual attributes or will it perhaps actually have the opposite affect?
If a task has 3 dynamic columns, two of which are database fields and
one is a virtual attribute, would it still be beneficial to implement
the BAdI for the 2 database fields?

I would appreciate any insight anyone has on this topic.  We are running
ECC 6.0 Enhancement Pack 4.

Marcia Neumann
Cincinnati Insurance Companies
IT Claims/CSU Development & Support
Ext 4461

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail,
including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient
and may contain information that is confidential and protected. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is
sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.