Workflow should jump to next step when no email found

Shaurya Jain jain.shaurya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:34:22 EDT 2010

Hello Bhupinder,

I don't think that you can jump to step 3 in case the variable/container
element for email id is initial because Send Mail looks for a valid email id
& if not found goes into error.

As a solution to your requirement you can put a condition step before your
2nd step & check if the email id variable/container element has any value.
If value is there then let your workflow control to move to step 2 & then
step 3. Else if condition fails then let the control go to step 4 (copy of
step 3).

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Bhupinder <bsingh82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Experts,
>
> I have workflow which has following three steps:
> 1. Activity     - To find out the EMAIL ID of approver
> 2. Send Email - Email notification should be sent to approver outlook
> 3. Activity     - Approver gets the workitem in his inbox
> Snapshot attached.
>
> Issue is sometimes there is no email found, in that case WF simply went to
> error state at step 2. but we dont want the WF to be gone to error state in
> case no email found, but instead of going to error it should simply jumps
> to next step i.e. Workitem in Approver inbox.
>
> Kindly suggest me the best approach to fix this.
>
> Best Regards,
> Bhupinder

Shaurya Jain