Suspend deadlines for resubmitted work items

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Thu Jan 7 11:50:04 EST 2010

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. Yes I agree it's a bit simplistic, there are some very good
business cases for resubmission where we do not want to invoke deadlines.

Also of interest is the fact that resubmission seems to consist of simply
setting a requested start deadline at the resubmission date and changing the
status to WAITING. I think someone commented on the opposite recently - that
a requested start on a dialog item does not prevent a user from executing a
work item before the time since it's available in the resubmission folder.

It's reasonably easy to change since it's already manipulating deadlines,
the only hitch is that the only place to do it is in the middle of the
RESUBMIT method. So the only simple way to do it is via modification.

Thanks again,

Mike