Issue with Workflow task agent determination

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Wed Feb 24 03:33:10 EST 2010

Onsdag 24. februar 2010 07.48.50 skrev srinivas:
> Actually I missed out few points in my previous mail. My question is,before
> the step (What I have raised in my previous query)  there was a dialog step
> where in the user does the Invoice release via standard sap t-code.After
> executing that task the follwing step is lying only in one user inbox.I
> agree what you said is 100% right as the agent is hard coded
> as wf_initiator,in this case catherine is the user.
You have to describe your solution - otherwise it is all guesswork and the
answer "because it was created on Tuesday" may be correct (if you have a
responsibility rule depending on day of week).

> But my question is whydid the workitem went to Catherines inbox??
A plausible explanation is that it happened because you have instructed SAP to
send it to the Workflow initiator, and Catherine is the workflow initiator.

> Is that so,did she run the t-code??? This is where I am gettig confused.
Is the following correct for the step you are confused about?
- possible agents: Anyone
- excluded agents: No-one
- responsible agents: Workflow initiator

If so the executing agent of the previous step is not relevant, because
workflow initiator is not the actual agent of the previous step, it is the
agent that started the workflow. If the workflow is started by an event you
must check the parameter binding for the event linkage - often it binds the
event creator to the workflow initiator variable.

So, if you want the work item to go to the actual agent of the previous step I
suggest you create a workflow container variable of type swhactor, bind the
actual agent of the previous step to that and use the variable as responsible
agent instead of using workflow initiator.

Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)