SAP-WUG Digest, Vol 73, Issue 4

Stephane Bailleul s.bailleul at free.fr
Thu Dec 9 08:28:08 EST 2010

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply, I won"t shout this is a "voluntary" forum not a
hot a line or something that we are paying 17% of the licence cost...
so every reply is a service that we should be glad to have and every
time we don't have a reply, well that is life ...

In fact I do have a big issue, the notification tab, requires data type
WSYst-AGenT therefore I can not use the email found in the DL
I would work quite fine in a send mail step but not for notification
(which  is weird as notification tab is supposed to send mail...)

Of course the easy way around will be to add an SAP USER for the email
we want to use, not really, a start of the art solution but a
workaround.

I will keep your idea for the specific class, I think that it will be
good.
Oh just one more thing, I have checked there is no need to actually
build a virtual attribute on the BOR object to get the agent inside it,
there is already a determination rule existing for that AC 30000012 the
DL name can be transferred in the container.

thanks again for your replies
cheers
stephane

> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	sap-wug-request at mit.edu

> 	sap-wug-owner at mit.edu
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of SAP-WUG digest..."
>

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Distribution List (St?phane Bailleul)
>    2. Re: Distribution List (Mike Pokraka)

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 08:32:46 +0100 (CET)
> From: St?phane Bailleul <s.bailleul at free.fr>
> Subject: Distribution List
> To: sap-wug at mit.edu

> Hi ,
>
> I am using ECC6 and trying to use the distribution list to send notification (notification tab on workflow step).
>
> I have created a virtual attribute in my business object (ZBUS2081) to read the distribution list via the FM SO_DLI_READ_API1.
> However in this virtual attribute which result should I enter
>  entries the DLI_ENTRIES  or DLI_DATA  or the email from the DLI_ENTRIES ?
>

> In the DLI_entries  I could have email address and SAP User so I am wondering how the programm will react
> Do I have to consider all the potential entries of the distribution list (distribution list, SAP User or direct email ?) and get in the result of my virtual attribute only the email adress ?
>
> Where I am currently working I don't have the developper access, I can only provide the third party developper who does not know workflow, so I need help from people with good knowledge or people that can do some testing ...
>
> Regards
> Stephane
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:42:47 -0000 (GMT)
> From: "Mike Pokraka" <wug at workflowconnections.com>
> Subject: Re: Distribution List
> To: "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <sap-wug at mit.edu>
>
> Hi St?phane,
>
> Sorry I was going to check this on my own system before replying to your
> earlier post about this and forgot.
> You definitely need to use DLI_ENTRIES, as DLI_DATA only contains
> metadata. From memory I think you may be able to restrict what folks can
> add. Or else you need to evaluate MEMBER_TYP and react accordingly. e.g.
> only process type U - internet address; or lookup user's email address if
> they supplied their username, I hope you get the idea.
>
> It may be worth your while encapsulating all this into it's own
> class/object and adding that as your attribute to make it more re-usable.
> ZCL_DLIST
>   -->GET_MEMBER_COUNT
>   -->GET_MEMBERS (returns User/Person objects)
>   -->GET_MEMEBER_EMAILS (returns resolvable email addresses)
>   -->IS_EMAIL_FULLY_RESOLVABLE  (indicates whether all members could be
> resolved into email addresses)
>
> Shout if any other questions.
> Cheers,
> Mike
>

> On Wed, December 8, 2010 7:32 am, St??phane Bailleul wrote:
> [...]

Stephane Bailleul
Consultant SAP SRM/MM/Workflow

GSM: +33 6 14 08 32 50
FAX:  +33 9 56 62 24 40