Changing the container of a completed work item?

Kjetil Kilhavn kjetil.kilhavn at bluec.no
Wed Aug 11 08:19:58 EDT 2010

After finding and fixing an error in a report I now find myself sort of
painted in a corner, and I can solve this problem if I am able to update the
container of two completed workflows (a few work items).

The error caused (in some cases) an incorrect date to be selected, and this
date is part of the object key for the workflow's main object. When the report
is going to display information about the current state of affairs the
workflow is not found, because the report now has the correct date, while the
work items have a key with another date.

There's the function SWW_OBJKEY_CHANGE, which won't work for me since it only
supports BOR object types. It calls method OBJKEY_CHANGE of class
CL_SWF_RUN_WIM_LOCAL, but that also only supports BOR objects.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the object key of a completed
work item, and how I go about it? Side effects to be aware of? It probably is
not recommended to change the object key like this, but in this case I think I
know what I am doing and don't see another solution apart from starting a new
workflow and changing its container values.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn (+47 40220607)
Blue Consulting AS (http://www.bluec.no)