Application error in event log

david.s.dittmer@accenture.com david.s.dittmer at accenture.com
Thu Oct 22 14:07:01 EDT 2009

Hello Workflow experts,
When I tested my workflow using diagnostic tool SWUD and checked  all the various buttons there was no error but when I ran the workflow and checked the event log in transaction SWEL I got the following error:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA5318.8B159B50]

I checked this error as far as I could get and I got the answer 'APPLICATION ERROR.

My question is what is the best way to investigate this error. From 'Practical Workflow' it recommends using workflow trace but even though I activated this using transaction SWU8 when I tried to view the trace in SWU9 there was no trace so I guess another question is how do you get the workflow trace to display if this is what you are going to recommend..

Any help would be appreciated

David