Workflow Approval from Outlook - Duet or other alternatives?

Mike Pokraka wug at workflowconnections.com
Fri Oct 16 05:13:43 EDT 2009

Hi Ramki,

Approving without logging on is the easy bit. There's nothing stopping you
from implementing a web application that allows anonymous logon. You can
then generate links that ping this web app with the correct work item and
chosen decision.
The really hard part will be to make this secure and auditable, because
you need to devise ways that a forwarded mail will no longer work and/or
ensuring that the user who clicks the link is transferred to the system in
a way that cannot be forged. Possible, but a lot more research is needed
and cooperation amongst your outlook/notes people, your network
infrastructure & security guys and your SAP Basis folk. Not a small
undertaking.

Cheers,
Mike