Workflow Approval from Outlook - Duet or other alternatives?

Ganesh Suryanarayan madganesh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:09:32 EDT 2009

Ramki,

There could be security issues without a login. We did implement this
but later moved on to using smart tags as we had SSO.

The way we did it as follows:

1) Implement a BADI for inbound e-mails into SAP
2) The approver gets an e-mail and once he clicks on a link, and hits
the send button, an inbound e-mail is received in SAP
3) In the Inbound BADI, we trigger the event responsible for further steps.

Again, this is not the most secure way, but comes in handy. We picked
this up from SRM approvals and implemented for ECC 6.0 SP 15. you do
not need any SAP session for this. Click on a link and hit send. thats
all.

Thanks
Ganesh.S