Document From Template Step - Error while opening document

Viera, Miguel VieraM at dhcmc.com
Mon Oct 12 11:46:33 EDT 2009

Hello Wuggers,

Wanted to see if there is anyone experiencing the same occasional problem we have related to a workflow utilizing a document from template step.  Our business owner uses a start form to manually trigger a workflow related to our Kanban Process.  After he executes this step and is ready to receive the task TS70008298 (Create Document from Template), occasionally he will receive an error message that says, "Error while opening document."  This prevents him from populating the Document from Template step and the workflow has to be deleted.

In the past, I have noticed that when this message is received, it can be avoided by closing any open excel spreadsheets the user has open; however, the user typically pulls information from excel spreadsheets when populating the document from template step so this really isn't a viable option.  Any additional insight would be greatly appreciated on lessons learned for this scenario.

Thanks,

Miguel R. Viera
Deere-Hitachi C.M.C
SAP Business Analyst for FI-CO & SD Modules
Workflow Admin. & Winshuttle Template Designer
Phone: (336) 992-5759